Cricket is a sport, which has a special emphasis on technicalities. All the tools and kits used for this game have to be technically designed to ensure that the game runs smoothly and that the performance of the game is not hampered. Nowadays, cricket bats can even be purchased from online stores and the best online cricket store has to be researched for, from where good quality Kookaburra bats can be purchased. Wikihow.com informs us about the essential qualities of a cricket bat.
The Characteristics Of An ideal Bat
An ideal bat has some of the following characteristics, the presence of which ensures that you have made the right purchase.
· Edge Profile: A huge “Big Edge“ is known by its broadening from the shoulders and gets maximized at that special spot, will be ideal for ensuring proper balance. Greater area of sweet spot will cover all across the width of the blade and will increase the balance maintaining power of the bat.
· Spine Profile: Kookaburra bats have a super spine profile which adopts the conventional shaping characteristics. They operate together with the “Big Edge” characteristic of the bat, which creates a huge apex and render a huge amount of power through the entire blade length. It also provides brilliant pick up features.
· Sweet Spot: This is that position of the blade at which maximum level of performance is ensured. These bats are designed to increase the size of that special spot, so that the middle portion of the bat can be spread all across the blade so that better off center strikes are guaranteed.
· Scallop: In order to maximize the profile, scallops should be used on both side of the spine. This allows the apex to be increased without having much effect on the weight. Scallops have also been seen to maximize the edge which is capable of reducing the rotation of the blade during certain situations like the off center hits. This also minimizes power loss.
· Face profile: Nowadays, good cricket is more dependent upon how thick the blade is. Flat face levels out the striking area and allows more mass to be retained at the back side of the bat. This is capable of enhancing the power profile. Most of the orthodox players favor the rounded face as this gives a known look yet tends to yield a less expanded profile.
· Bow: The curve of the bat starting from the tip of the handle all the way to the very end of the toe is known as the curve. This is designed in such a way that the way the hands are positioned is enhanced by placing them ahead of the ball.
The Importance of Weight & Pick-Up
Heavy weight and massive edge profile is the ideal combination to be found in a good quality bat. These bats are thought to be having the capacity of hitting the balls further. If a lighter bat is chosen, one has to compromise on the how thick the profile is as well as edge profile but this is not basically a problem. We all have different physiques and the bat which will complement our weight, should be chosen.